Nurse practitioner or Physician Assistant to work Family Practice and the Acute Care Clinic.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to physician’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed. Recommending options and courses of action by implementing physician directives.
- Examines patient, takes patient history, performs comprehensive physical examinations, and makes an assessment consistent with physical findings.
- Performs clinical procedures that have been approved by a supervising physician.
- Orders and interprets lab results.
- Determines abnormal conditions by ordering diagnostic tests.
- Orders procedures, consultations, physical therapy.
- Writes prescriptions as directed by physicians.
- Provides patient care documentation.
- Provides educational information to patients and family.
- Assesses and monitors patient response to treatment.
- Establishes plan of care for patients by evaluating all pertinent information.
- Responds and assists with emergency situations in office.
- Provides direction to staff in order to ensure patient care needs are met.
- Should have excellent customer service and patient relation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral communication and analytical skills.
- Maintains communication with Director of Clinical Operations regarding patient care, nursing staff and scheduling.
- Perform various duties as needed to successfully full the function of the position.
- Graduation from an accredited school for Physician Assistant program or Nurse Practitioner program.
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the State of Virginia.
- CPR-BCLS certification
- Must be registered with the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) for Schedule II-V Controlled Substances if prescribing controlled substances to outpatients.
- Ensures that all continuing education requirements are up to date.
Job Category: APP
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winchester VA